Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Personal bests (mileage count = 106.99)

Here's the baseline--my current personal bests at various distances. Those of you who've known me a while (if anybody actually is reading this) will know that I was on the track team in high school. I was never very good and/or fast, but the times in parentheses below are my all-time bests. My recent best efforts are the numbers not in parantheses--some will be blank because I don't have exact times or never ran that distance for time back then:

1 mile: 6'46" (5'06") (--just ran the 6'46" this afternoon, which is what inspired me to write this post. The low 5 minute time was the last time I ran competitively in high school.)

2 mile: 14'32" (10'52")

5K: 24'46"

5 miles: 43'42" (34'30")

10K: 54'43"

So...the point is that my longer term goals are to remove the times in parans after I've broken my all-time personal bests.

Also--since the homecookin' of the holidays I've been able to shed 15 pounds and 2 inches off my waist. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

you had your high school track times! Best of luck, mama is proud of you.