Even so, we try to find time to relax (the kids learned the word "connotation" this morning. Example: "relax" = good connotation, "lazy" = bad connotation. We were actually being lazy this morning, but we called it relaxing instead.) By relax, I mean, of course, that I had finished my 10 mile run this morning while Sofia and Stefanie got ready for the second full day out at the horse show. Oh, well. Maybe we'll relax next weekend. Probably not, though.
Anyway, lots on our plates these days, and I'm really behind in my reading too. I've got Pythagoras and the Pythagoreans: A Brief History, and Measuring Heaven: Pythagoras and His Influence on Thought and Art in Antiquity and Middle Ages, and The Music of Pythagoras, and The Pythagorean Sourcebook and Library (were you able to detect a trend?) to read before the end of the month. And that's not counting all three of the books on Shelby Foote, the three books on Greece and the Peloponnesian War, and the two books on historiography that I have in my book basket. I'm already mostly done with the last five on the list, but I've got them all going at the same time. The TV has only been on once in the last three weeks that I can remember, not a bad thing, I think. And that was just last night to watch the Belmont Stakes--we were rooting for Big Brown, but happy to see at least that the jockey didn't run him into the ground.
And then there's work. Here are some press articles from my latest project (a 24 hours visit takes a month and a half of prep work): Tunisia takes its turn in Ward’s PR push and Ceremony recalls WWII fallen in Tunisia. Every logistical aspect of the visit, the band, the airplanes (two of 'em), the vehicles to move all the people around, hotel arrangements, lunches, receptions--the whole nine--all belong to me. This isn't the only thing I do, but it's a big part of it.
Anyway, I guess I should stop procrastinating and write the Wall Street Journal article summary that is also staring at me in my To-Do List (I'm done with that program in September, by the way).
Haven't updated total mileage in a long time, I've had some problems with my iPod, Nike+, I've lost about 15 miles, but I'll count them anyway. Total = 285 miles.
No comments:
Post a Comment