Sofia started complaining over the weekend about her jaw on the left side. Stefanie and I didn't think much of it, until she lifted her chin and we noticed that she was a bit swollen on that side. Elevated temperature, swollen glands under the face...figure it out yet?
She is indeed vaccinated against "les oreillons" and this might still not be an actual case (the doctor definitely thinks it is), but we're going to keep her out of school for the remainder of the week just to be sure.
Oh, and we looked it up, to be a true case of "les oreillons" you don't have to have bilateral swelling (on both sides of the face), at this point the swelling is just unilateral, confined to her left side...and she's still going riding (of course).
So, some time off from school, lots of fluids, and lots of rest...and hopefully she'll kick this thing, mumps or no, and be back to school next week.
2 comments:
Oh dear! I sure hope you get over this quick, Sofia!!!
Hugs,
Aunt Suzy.
Oh no! I am with Suzanne, I hope Sofia gets over it very quickly. So much for a vaccine?
Post a Comment