I was able to make it through the first 9.5 miles before taking a break. I'm a sweaty guy, so I used that opportunity to switch t-shirts--dehydration is my biggest challenge on these long runs. (Total mileage = 213.2)
Got back home, cleaned up and made homemade pancakes. And then on to music... "band" is what we call it. It's actually a bunch of kids that take guitar lessons--they get together on Sunday mornings and play "Ode to Joy" over and over again. They've also added the theme to the Godfather to their repertoire.
Then, grocery shopping, wash the car, over to the local green grocer, bread from the bakery--and then help Stefanie (who stayed home and did yard work) finish cleaning up yard clippings.
And now, writing this, TV in one ear, kids in the other. A bit of schoolwork, dinner, and then read my book ("Champion Hill: Decisive Battle for Vicksburg" --I'm taking a class on historiography and I'm reviewing this book for the class).
Not an exciting day, but a normal day. Hope you had a nice day today too.
2 comments:
Sounds like a very nice day! Spent the morning either reading to Colin or rough housing with him. Currently he is naked from the waist down. Let's hope we are giving out stickers and not cleaning up a mess.
Hannah is sucking on her thumb.
I went to Coralville near Iowa City to two yarn shops, just got back. About 1&1/2 hour one way trip. Sock Club at Crazy Girl Yarn Shop. Sounds like we all had good days. Haven't talked to Suzanne yet, evidently she's exhausted from her trip this week.
Post a Comment