Sofia said to me the other day when I asked what she and Dylan thought they should do for Mother's Day that they should wake up before mom and then... jump on the bed and yell: "Happy Mother's Day!" I said, "um, a much better idea would be to let mommy sleep and then make her breakfast." Sofia thought about it for a moment and then said, "that's a much better idea!" So we let mommy sleep and made her pancakes...
Before that though, I went on my longest run yet: 12.3 miles. I got up at 6:30 and the run took about 2 hours. Mileage count is up to 183.59
Here's the route I took:
5 comments:
Your kids sleep until 8:30?????? (or at least late enough for you to run and their mother to sleep??) My jealousy is palpable. Please tell them to come train my nine-month-old. Also, I owe you a response to your nice note on Facebook. It is great to catch up and I have been watching your blog. Your kids are so brave and adventurous. I could not believe the horse face-plant--I was so glad to hear that everyone was okay. Great to have re-connected.
Fondly,
Kristin
I got the SAME thing. I got to sleep AND I got pancakes in bed. I also got to go be by myself and get a mani and pedi.
kristin--two words: "corporal punishment". Spare the rod, spoil the child, I always say.
Neh, not really :) --our kids are (usually) very well behaved...it's amazing what consistency, setting rules and following through, and actually spending time with one's children will do in terms of behavioral problems. So far anyway.
That's not to say that ours are perfect, by any stretch...Dylan was, how to put this? ...not very nice to his parents for the first several years of his life--but by the time he turned three we began to see progress...his nickname is no longer "destructo Dylan" for example. He just turned seven, so the terrible years are a distant memory, now he is one of the sweetest, most affectionate children that I have ever encountered. And as long as Sofia has ready access to horses (or any kind of animal really) she's happy too... :)
Oh, and yes, Sofia will sleep as long as we let her. She's NOT a morning person. I often resort to hanging her upside-down by her feet to get her out of bed.
deb--awesome. Did you have to share your pancakes?
I seem to remember another small child who was not always delightful during his first few years. I remember one particularly awful visit by a proper older aunt (a lovely woman, but I just knew she was disapproving), we went to one of the battlefield sites near Saratoga Springs. I don't remember details, I just remember being embarrassed by not being able to control my child. I'm pretty sure that was my middle child. After decades, memories do warp and fade though. :)
Post a Comment