This was from a few days later, but I thought the baby camel was very cute:
Here's the four of us sitting on a sand dune in the Sahara:
And Stefanie and her mom:
After having ridden for days and days on our camels:
Just kidding, it was less than an hour. We were surprised later that this wasn't the first time that any of the five us had ridden a camel. We hung out with Berbers:
And Bartholomew Cubbins' brother:



5 comments:
I can't remember who we told about our trip beforehand, so no fair if you already knew where we were headed.
Now that's just way too easy. That's the Skywalker Moisture Farm on Tatooine...
SO COOL that it's there and you can visit it. I want more pictures.
It was that obvious, huh? Well, actually you are technically wrong...it's called the "Lars Homestead".
To be even more technical, it's the Hotel Sidi Driss in Matmata (look up Matmata on Wikipedia and you'll see more pictures). Hotel, as in, we spent the night in the room Luke grew up in, at least we think so. Matmata is just north of Tatouine (that's how the locals spell it).
We have pictures from a bunch of angles, including looking out of the "breakfast nook" --if you know your Star Wars you'll know what I'm talking about. Dylan was soooo excited, he got on his Darth Vader costume and ran around. Pictures to follow, gotta go to work.
I got your e-mail saying that you were going to post pictures of where yu had been and we had to guess. As I was dozing last night I was thinking, and I pretty much knew already where it was...
I showed the boys the picture and asked if they knew where you had gone. They thought it was pretty obvious, too.
They were very, very impressed, and can't wait to see the rest of your pictures....
Just wanted to give a shout out to you all. Steph the kids look healthy and happy; you are a great mom. Your mom looks good also. Hope you are having fun and seeing the world.
Post a Comment